Monday, 10 September 2012

Review: WAGS' World Playing the Game


I was lucky enough to win this book in a competition run by Chicklish. At first, I didn't expect alot from this book. I expected it to be filled with simple niggling woman worries and to just portray an unnaitanable perfect standard of WAGS. However, I was pleasantly surprised.


Sixteen-year-old Amy Thornton can't wait to spend the summer with her super-fit boyfriend, Damien Taylor, footballer of the moment. She's left her life in Yorkshire behind and is ready for London. But her dreams of a blissful reunion are shattered when Damien spends all of his time out on the pitch and partying in nightclubs.

Soon Amy is surrounded by gossiping girls and friends who seem more like enemies. In this world of secrets and scandal, who can Amy trust?
Let the games begin.

The plot was actually really good. The writer strings you along for the entire book, not telling you who is trustworthy and who isn't, until the ending where you finally find out the truth. I wasn't able to put it down. It scores high marks for keeping you reading (that's why I'm writing this at almost 11.30 at night).

The characters are really interesting. Based around sixteen year old Amy's experience, you are introduced to a crazy WAG world through her eyes. I also fell in love with the character Rosay, like the wine. She seemed quite bold and misunderstood. I loved this combination. There was a nice range of characters. However, I think they could have been more developed. Although for the first in a series, it was really quite good.
I shall think of this as a guilty pleasure book. Something which I shouldn't enjoy, but really actually did. Read it, it'll throw all your previous misconceptions to the wind.

Plot - 8/10
Characters - 8/10
Hookability (ability to keep you reading) - 10/10
Total - 26/30

No comments:

Post a Comment